You might have heard about travertine stone when you wanted to buy or rent a house. Pars Travertine as light cream-colored stone is often used for the building’s facade. Pars Travertine stone façade happens to be quite popular among architects and home buyers .
Travertine stones are a kind of porous limestone created by the settlement of water sediments. It is used widely in the construction industry as the primary material for floor covering and buildings’ façade. The chemical composition of travertine includes calcium, stalactite and stalagmite. Impurities such as calcium and iron are the cause veins seen in the stone. The less the impurities, the brighter the stone becomes in color.
There are a number of factors which affect the pricing of Pars Travertine:
- Color and pattern: Travertine stones have a wide variety of colors and patterns to choose from. The more uniform and homogenous the color and the pattern, the more valuable the stone will be. For example, cream-colored stones that are brighter in color and have a more uniform vein pattern are deemed more desirable and are thus priced higher. If you choose dark colored stones, be aware that uneven patterns make the stone less valuable.
- Porosity: Travertine stones are typically porous. Less porous stones with smaller pores are considered more valuable. This can be achieved through better polishing.
- Thickness and size of cutting: travertine is mostly used as the façade and floor covering Therefore it is essential to pay attention to the thickness of the stone you are going to use. The standard width of cutting is 40 cm. You can arrange it with a stonecutting company to get the size that you require.
- Sort and grading: if you want your building to have a uniform view, you have to pick the right sort and grading. Travertine stones have different grades and sorts which you need to consider before purchasing.
- Processing quality: depending on what techniques the stonecutting company utilizes the price will differ. Factors such as the kind of resin and epoxy, use of UV, polishing, accuracy in cutting and making the stone square in shape, the net behind the stone and the packaging determine the quality and value of the stone.
Reasons for choosing Pars Travertine
Pars Travertine is one of the most commonly used stones as the exterior of the buildings and floor covering in Iran because it is resistant against heat and humidity and thus is commonly used in tropical regions. Another desirable quality of Pars Travertine is that it perfectly sticks to other building materials.
Disadvantages of Pars Travertine
The many sorts of the stone make the acquisition of a specific sort in volume difficult and time consuming.
Pars Travertine can begin to break and crumble in extremely cold weather conditions.
What to consider before purchase
Pars Travertine stones are cut without vein patterns and therefore at the moment of installing there is no need for matching the veins. The resistance of travertines without veins is higher than those with veins. In modern design, veiny stones are being used while in classical design it’s the opposite. It is important to have a uniform façade therefore choosing matching color an pattern based on the required area is necessary.
The various kinds of travertine stone based on Processing:
- Polished: After cutting, the pores of the stone are filled by resin and epoxy and the surface becomes smooth and shiny.
- Leather: After cutting these stones, they are brushed without any chemicals. The surface of these stones is porous and soft like leather.
- Antique: These stones have an old look and the surface is porous, smooth and opaque.
- Cut broken: A kind of stone which its surface is rough.
- Gutine: This kind of stone is cut into two symmetrical pieces and has a tough surface.
Pars Travertine Resistance
The resistance and life of Pars Travertine is certainly less than Granite and Marble but still it is a stone that has the required resistance to be used for facade and landscaping.
Different kinds of Pars Travertine:
Polished: The polished Travertine is so smooth and shiny that it reflects light. All of the porous structure is filled with resin and epoxy.
Honed: This kind of stone is also polished with resin and epoxy but its polishing is less than the previous kind explained above. This kind of stone is recommended for places with the possibility of slipping. Like pool side, waterfront places, parking lot and the roof.
Brushed: Brushed Travertines are not cut pointy but round at the corner. Architects who work on more premium projects use it to create a more stylish floor covering.
We at RAS stone provide you with the right information. With the knowledge you get it is easy to evaluate the properties of every stone and its suitability for specific environments. You will be able to choose the right stone based on the price and style you have in mind. If you found this essay useful, share it with your friends.